Major Upgrades to Employee Spaces at Dotson Iron Castings Coming in 2021!
A range of significant employee space upgrades are on the agenda for the ductile iron casting foundry in 2021, including new meeting rooms, break areas, locker rooms and a rooftop patio. According to Dotson Vice President Liz Ulman, the updates point to a positive future for Dotson Iron Castings. She said, “In the state of the world we want our team to know we are focused on our future. Major upgrades are needed in multiple employee spaces. In addition, we have competitors going out of business or struggling with succession planning. With Tyson Twait as our new CEO, this expansion is a strong signal the future of Dotson is bright!”
The iron foundry expansion and upgrades will include the following:
· New locker and restrooms
· Private changing and shower spaces
· Shared common areas for breaks, celebrations, and events
· Outdoor venue – rooftop that will be accessible to family members and
· More meeting spaces for collaboration
· Changed office spaces to align better with teams
The goal with this space is to:
· Create areas where teams can gather in cross functional spaces
· Give privacy and updated spaces for our team to prepare themselves for work
· Provide indoor and outdoor space for folks to gather together
· Host events with customers, community members, and others
The plan is to break ground in the spring. This expansion provides the Dotson foundry a better opportunity to use space for events aimed at customers, manufacturing advocacy groups and students exploring manufacturing opportunities. The expansion also puts a focus on the Dotson team and highlights the one of the values promoted by owners Denny Dotson and Jean Bye, caring about people.
Dotson Iron Castings Media Coverage